This take home final exam is worth twenty-five points.
Page 163 of our textbook lists steps toward writing a good summary:
- Describe the key claims of the text
- Select examples to illustrate the author’s argument
- Present the gist of the author’s argument
- Contextualize what you summarize
Explanations of each of these steps can be found in your book. I’ll add three more:
- Include at least one attributive tag (and others as necessary)
- Present the summary in a unified paragraph
- Summarize in a neutral, objective tone
After reviewing pages 156-163 of your textbook, write a summary of James Paul Gee’s “Why Game Studies Now?” The essay’s title is a link to a PDF of it.
If your class meets from 2:30-3:45 on Tuesday and Thursday, your final exam starts at 2:30 and ends at 3:45 on 2 May. Your section number is 057. If your class meets from 4:00-5:15 on Tuesday and Thursday, your final exam starts at 3:00 and ends at 4:50 on 2 May. Your section number is 060. Your exam is due at the end of the final exam period that corresponds with your class time.
The late paper policy as described on the syllabus applies to the final exam. Turn the exam in by emailing it to me before it is due or by attending and writing the exam in person on the 2nd. When you email the exam, include “English 2010” followed by the appropriate section number and your name in the subject line.