Fiction peer review
- Give a general reaction to what you’ve read.
- What action does the character take to get something they want? What obstacles do they encounter during their efforts? How do their responses to the obstacles characterize them?
- Quote a moment of the character’s inner life or an action that suggests inner conflict.
- What does the character’s dialogue reveal about them? What do the reactions of other characters reveal?
- What do the objects the character chooses to surround themselves with reveal about them? Where in time and space does the story take place?
- Where is the story confusing? Quote clichés so they can be revised. Quote a memorable image.