Poetry peer review
- Give a general reaction to what you’ve read.
- Which line or stanza break is most significant? Why? How might the language of the poem be condensed so that fewer lines are more powerful?
- How do rhyme or rhythm shape the lines? Which seem stilted or unnatural?
- Identify images by quoting at least two. What is the actual object in at least one image? In the same image, which senses are appealed to with which words?
- How does punctuation add to the poem? Which examples of figurative language are present in the poem? Quote one.
- What is the most confusing part of the poem? Quote any obvious clichés so they can be revised.