As I evaluate your rough drafts, I’ll ask myself the following questions.
- While the rough draft still needs global revision, does it have both a tentative beginning and tentative ending?
- Do the words of the rough draft begin to create the illusion of at least one character?
- Is the plot of the draft clearly the result of at least one character’s motivated actions or reactions?
- While further work is required, is attention to setting obvious? Is a point of view, however loosely controlled, clear? Is a theme developing?
- Is the rough draft twenty thousand words?
Remember paragraph-level and sentence-by-sentence revisions are not part of this assignment in this class. Wait until the structural revision assignment for revision. The rough draft is due at the end of the day on 27 March 2018. If you have any questions about this assignment, please contact me.
I’m looking forward to reading your work.