As a reminder, successful portfolios include three story drafts (of any length) and two final revised stories, each of five pages.
- Which scenes are interesting? Why? Quote an image. Is there a character that wants something? How do you know? What action does the character take to get what they want?
- Describe one of the characters in the story. What is his or her personality like? Quote the words in the story that suggest this personality.
- What does the dialogue in the story accomplish?
- Describe the setting. What does the setting suggest about the people in it?
- Where is the story confusing? Quote clichés. Quote good figurative language.